Using Tretinoin For Acne
Tretinoin is available in different forms (cream, liquid or gel) and applied to the skin as a treatment for acne. Tretinoin should be indicated by a dermatologist since the form, frequency and time applications depend on each individual case. It is important to note that at the beginning of treatment this type of product may cause skin reactions such as redness, burning or increased blackheads.
How should you use Tretinoin?
- The Tretinoin should be applied to the skin clean and dry, for that reason the first step wash skin with water and mild soap, soak up the water with a clean towel and wait 15 minutes to make sure your skin is completely dry.
- To place the Tretinoin can be used gauze, cotton swab or a cotton swab, if not count on any of these elements can be spread with the fingertips, taking care to wash hands immediately with plenty of water and soap.
- The Tretinoin is applied at night and is the doctor who tells the product exposure time because depending on the case can be half an hour, one hour or overnight. Time may also vary according to the stage of treatment can be maintained initially applied for less time and gradually increase the trancurso days are.
- The Tretinoin can be applied every day, every other day (one if and one not), every two days or every three days, according to what the doctor deems appropriate for each person.
- The Tretinoin applies only in the area where the lesions caused by acne and not the rest of the skin.
- Do not apply tretinoin greater than the amounts suggested by the professional.
- Avoid the product comes into contact with the eyelids, eyes, lips and inside the nostrils.
- During the first 10 days of treatment the skin may become red, increase in the size and quantity of blackheads, burning, discomfort, and flaking skin. These effects are normal and should not discontinue use of tretinoin.
- The duration of treatment with tretinoin may be three to six weeks, which is determined by the doctor depending on each case.
- As used tretinoin you can not expose the skin directly to the sun and to use a sunscreen to protect the skin from solar radiation arriving indirectly.
- When used tretinoin can not be used abrasives or products containing alcohol, you need to ask the doctor to use cosmetics as well as the precautions to be taken to shaving.